Beat the Heat: Top Products to Help You Survive a Summer of Painting
By Ashley Arrow
As face painters and entertainers, it’s a delicacy to work indoors with air conditioning. Most of us are under a tent and weathering the great outdoors. Whether you believe in global warming or not, one thing is certain, the summer is HOT! Down here in South Flordia it’s summer year round and we have become masters of dealing with hot and humid weather. Long days standing outside can not only alter your mood but be dangerous for your health. These top tips and products will help you stay comfortable in the heat so you can deliver smiles and a stellar experience to your clients.
- What you wear affects your body temperature. Surprisingly long sleeves during the summer can be a benefit to you if it’s the correct material. Silly Farm has has 2 amazing shirts options in both long and short sleeves. It helps you looking professional, wicks away moisture, and is the perfect light weight cool material. The long sleeves will help keep away those dangerous UV rays.
2. Portable Fans
- Almost everything comes pocket sized, what a time to be alive! You can snag a portable fan on Amazon to give you hours of portable breeze.
Here’s are our top two choices:
- This small oscillating fan is amazing! It folds up super small to fit right in your kit or bag, but it can be placed on the ground or directly on the table with its extendable base. It’s quiet and powerful. It comes with a slim card size remote you can use to adjust the settings. The battery lasts for hours and is rechargeable. And the best part, it comes in pink! Click here Here to Check it out
- This portable fan can clip directly to your Craft-n- Go or kit. Not only will it provide a breeze, but it also has built-in LED lights for those events that last through the night. Perfect to supply comfort and a little extra light to see. Check it out here3. Proper Display
- Nothing is worse than attending an all-day a pay per face festival in the heat and coming home with dry pockets. Don’t let your tent get lost in the sea of unmarked tents! This 14ft Face Painter flag will let the entire festival know you’re there! It’s an eye catching colorful display that will draw a crowd to your area. Not a Face Painter? We have one for Henna Artist, Balloon Twisters, and Airbrush artist. Check It out here: 4. Stay Hydrated
- Bringing a water bottle is essential for long days outside. We aren’t always blessed with clients who deliver water to us when our line is so long, and we don’t have a chance to refill our water. Not to mention, taking a sip from a water bottle that has been out in the sun is like sipping on lava. A large thermal and insulated water bottle can make all the difference. Stack that thing with ice and it will stay cold for 12 hours or more! Not to mention, the ice doesn’t melt so if you do run out of water, you can pour the boiling sun water into your ice filled thermal. We love this insulated thermal with a carrying strap and sleeve to hold your phone/id/keys/or debit card so you don’t have to bring a purse with you. Purchase Here.5. Waterproof Line Work
- Sweat in the heat is unavoidable. Beautiful faces you paint can turn into a melted mess. However, if you replace your line work with a waterproof choice, you will save yourself some tears and time! Using a Rainbow Cake as your base with Dips by Proaiir for your line work will save your design. Even if the base runs, the design will still be saved with the solid waterproof outline. It’s a super cost effective addition to your kit. Multiple colors available at Silly Farm
I hope these products help you keep your cool this summer. As always, happy painting! Stay in the shade, stay hydrated, and stay creative!